Monday, September 24, 2007

What Linux distro are you?

Have you ever wanted to try a new OS? Ever since I started getting into programming I've always wanted to try using Linux but never got around to it or have been a bit intimidated by the idea of not using Windows because it ran all the programs that I use. The only real contact that I've had with linux was probably using the school's servers for my assignments or playing with a thing or two on my own webhost. However, recently I've decided that I will never be able to experience what Linux is like until I install it and use it as my own platform. After doing some research, I realized that the choice wasn't so easy and that so many different distributions of Linux existed. So when I finally sat down I asked myself a question, "Which distribution is for me?" Seeking an answer I went to my good old friend, the Internet, and came up with this interesting site

>> Linux distribution chooser <<

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it picked Debian, Mandriva, openSUSE and kubuntu.

Anonymous said...

Simon, your URL came up 404. Try this http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/

Simon said...

Thanks tim! I've changed the URL to meet your specifications.

Anonymous said...

thats easy Ubuntu all the way!